Thursday, June 21, 2007

Confidence

Last night I went out with a friend that I see once every year. I met her when I was in my early teens and when she was in her middle teens and we have kept in touch. I always listened to her intently, her stories were so grand and amazing. I found myself always drawn in. From what she said her life seemed amazing, she had so much going for her and the only problem was what to pick.Today her inability to stick to one thing has caused her much harm. I have always been afraid of that happening to myself, I love to tell stories and make my life sound a lot better than it is, there is such a fear of looking at ones life and having the reaction "what the hell have I been doing all these years?" After you begin to lie to yourself you get trapped in a vicious cycle of lying to yourself and eventually to others. There is something about confidence that messes me up so terribly, inside everyone is some kind of self doubt, whether we like to believe it or not.
I have always had the trouble of too much outer self confidence and too little inner confidence, which is the most important, for someone to be truly confident they need not speak of their achievements for they know inside themselves. Unfortunately there are not manyof these people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home